MERCI

At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark 

from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep 

gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.



Unto those who lifted up their candles for us in the dark,

held them so fast to fully melt even in the burns of the wax on the skin,

I send you bundles of love. Vous êtes nos héros!


To those who lifted my voice so high before me to many nations,

pasted my art on heart walls for kings to kiss my toes,

when I'm writing my success, I begin with your names.

Forever will always remember— your kind hearts for rejoicing 

in people's progress.


To those fast friends who took every step with me in the lows,

asked me to stay strong with soul-stirring words,

nursed my wounds, patted my back on my wins,

take a bow! When I'm moving to the hills,

I'll still have your arms in mine.


And to you who played so well with your shadows

and never revealed your faces

To you who kept awake for my sake,

sincerely spoke divine words upon my name,

the moon and twinkling stars are my witness

L'obscurité peut-elle jamais vous atteindre? Jamais! 


In my diary for the year, I got your names almost on every page

because each day, I received dozens of your love.

My cup is full of gratitude and it's running over. 

Merci

Merci beaucoup.


Comments

Popular Posts