UNHIDDEN TRUTH

One day, you will long for my voice.
You'll long to hear my words,
long to hear me preach my poems
Arranged in perfect stanzas with alluring rhyme schemes,
Complimented with metaphorical phrases and similes that swell my readers' hearts with happiness
But I shall be no more.
I would be having an endless sleep in a very small room
So hot as coals of glowing fire
Whose ceiling is decorated annually with reet flowers.
My mouth would be fastened together;
Your ears won't be tingled by my words any longer.
My hands would restfully lie;
I shall cease to sway them in the sky
as I used do in ministrations when my emotions override.
My fingers would no more gather together
to ink my tho-ughts.
Huh! Thoughts? Almost forgot
Thoughts in a lifeless brain that has already lost its sensory awareness?
That's deadness!
Nothing would work.
All would be lost.
Just one day, I shall be no more.
You will truly miss me
But time would have already made its decision.
My spirit would only be at the needed place.
It's an unhidden truth.

Comments

  1. We shall truly miss you when you are no more.
    This is soo emotional🥺🥺🥹🥹

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad but it's true, and what is even sadder is ; we don't know when that time will come.
    God bless you, for reminding us of how fragile we are, like flowers of field....😔😔😔

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts