I'M TIRED LORD

 "My Jesus I love you
I know thou art mine
For thee all the pleasures of sin I resign
My gracious redeemer
My saviour art thou
If ever I loved thee
My Jesus tis now"

Here I come again Lord
With mountain of burdens I carry
Too heavy for me now; they just keep on pressing me down.
I have chewed more than I can bite so I plead you set me right
I noticed i went too far so I beseech you to accept me back;
Please help me set boundaries before my every act.
I am lost but my earnest prayer is that I'll be found.
I can't waste away in this guilt but to show remorse and say sorry.
I - am - tired, Lord.

I'm tired of the pretenses,
The deceitful kneelings and rollings in the church premises.
I'm tired of falsely tearing up during worship when my heart is far away.
I'm tired of "kaboying" the tongues while my heart still holds on to the pains of the past, not allowing forgiveness.
I am tired, Lord.
Tired of singing the "what a mighty God we serve" but my eyes would still be set lustfully on that young lady.
For thee all the follies of sin I resign.

I want to sing those heavenly songs and get real goosebumps.
I want my spirit to rightly connect with yours whenever I come to your holy place and lift my voice in praise
That all those tears I force to roll down my eyes wouldn't just be a usual behaviour but be sparked off from within.
I want to really know you
And have a geniune spiritual identity before you.
So I repentantly pronounce my tiredness.
Lead the way, Lord
Take my hands and walk with me through this awful path
My life is yours.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts